Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cycling doping stories continue...

Damn, Tyler Hamilton has been suspended again, this time over possible implications of Operation Puerto (yes, that's still giong on). And Ivan Basso admits to planning a doping attempt for the 2006 Tour.

What the hell is up with pro cycling? No wonder no one seems to care about it.

I mean, hell, I only care if there's going by be a Sugar Bottom Scramble (the one race I've entered) this year. I hope there is. I'd like to see how well I can do at it without the mechanical problems I had two years ago. Like, for example, my handlebars almost falling off a half mile in. Yeah, that sucked. I'd like to avoid it next time. :)

Anyways: I'm in IC at one of the Java Houses at moment. Planning to find a bike for my sister this afternoon and maybe pick up some parts for one of the singlespeeds I'm building, or perhaps for my mountain bike, which needs some repairs and maybe upgrades (the handlebars have never been quite to my liking, but I'm still trying to figure out where I really want them). Just dropped B off at the airport, she's off to FL to visit her parents and maybe help them with moving to their new place.

I'll take some pics of the singlespeeds later, they're both strange but fun bikes. At least, they're supposed to be, and sort of are.

Also, I'm sort of looking for some sort of USB DI box to connect my guitar(s) and bass to my computer. The Line 6 TonePort looks great, as do most of their other products (esp the Pod XT, but also the GuitarPort and others), as they have somewhat better amp and effect modeling than Reaper (which I'm still learning how to use--just installed it yesterday). Or maybe I could get GearBox (which is like a software Pod) and use some other sort of USB or FireWire input/mixer-thing. Dunno. Still considering. I'll see if there's any places around here that have anything used which would be a cheap test of the concept. I'm all about cheap used equipment until you figure out what you really want/need. Because otherwise it's just too expensive to get the wrong thing.

Right. Anyways. Back to whatever I was doing...

Oh, except this: there's a red Yaris that's almost identical to B's (which I'm driving today) that almost parked next to where I parked. Heh.

2 comments:

Heather said...

No idea if this is what you are looking for, and it's not for sale, but I have one of these: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html and you could take a look at it if you want. Could probably even borrow it while we're gone... :) It's pretty basic but has served me well.

trick said...

Oh yeah? That would be so totally awesome!!!