Thursday, November 08, 2007

Barack Obama was in town



Originally uploaded by professor k
and I thought he made a much stronger appearance than last time. Now, don't get me wrong, I liked his speech in July, but I think that everything he said was much clearer and stronger this time.

Fairfield crowds are notoriously hard to get a rise out of, but considering that, I think the audience response was alright. I hope he does well. I liked his exposition of his proposed Iraq policy, and on international trade (using the example of Japan and food safety was really good). I'm glad he talked about the needs of workers and work he's done with unions. I also *really* liked what he said about the office of the Attorney General: that the AG is not the president's lawyer, they are the custodian of the law, and it is their job to remind the government of what the law is and advise them to follow it.

I think Senator Obama would make a great AG if he doesn't make it to president. But I hope he does get elected. Most of the other candidates scare me.

No comments: