Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gotta get back to blogging again.

So. Hi. Still here, still in Florida, still indexing, etc.

I've kind of started writing again lately. Or, rather, I've started writing for the sake of writing and not just for work or whatever. I guess it started with some sort of epic email rants during the election (such as this), but I've even done a bit of fiction and the like. I submitted a flash fiction (under 600 words) story to 365 tomorrows, and plan to finish and submit 2-3 more to that site (one of which is basically done, one outlined, and one just an idea). I also ought to compile a writeup based on some comments I've been leaving over at Heather's site about music and creativity, if only because I think doing so could reinforce some of what I said in my own thinking.

I've also got a big pile of photos to sort through and touch up to put on my Flickr stream, and I want to find a way to better integrate my tumblelog with this blog. In theory, headlines from this blog are supposed to show up over at the tumblelog, so that the latter is kind of a gateway to my internet presences, but I've been having some trouble getting that working properly (which is to say at all). I've been tinkering with it, we'll see if this post shows up there....

Also, I've discovered that Blogger lets you subscribe to comments on a blog, which I've added to my RSS reader, which I'm hoping will make managing that easier, since it was a problem in the past, with a previous blog.

Right, anyways, got to index some more Guidelines for Exercise Testing. I'll put up some snippets of recent writings later.

edit: hey,the Tumblr import from this blog worked!! w00hoo! So, headlines from here and uploads from my flickr will appear there now, as well as at their home sites.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I wonder if it's something about November - between it being National Blog Post Month and National Novel Writing Month, there's just more writing in the air?

Yes, agreed - you should write up the stuff about creativity. It's AMAZING how much of it I know in theory, but obviously don't KNOW, because sheesh, otherwise I wouldn't be so messed up in the head about my own stuff.