Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 2008

Well then. Sitting in a coffee shop at moment, so I guess it's time for my monthly blog post. heh. I guess it's not so realistic to say that I really do mean to right more here, because, really, it doesn't seem to happen. So why say otherwise? I mean, really.

Anyways. Nice weather here in Delray. Which is a mixed blessing. When the weather in Florida is good and the weather everywhere else is not so good, it gets crowded here. I ran down to the grocery store the other day and couldn't get into the parking lot because it was so full of cars driven by very marginal drivers. It's the time of year to stay off the sidewalks again, and drive really defensively. Which is ok, actually, I do that anyways.

Just talked to my brother for almost an hour about a film project he's working for. He's a production assistant, and probably will be for a few years on this kind of production until he's accumulated a lot more Guild hours. Which is ok with him, it seems. He likes the kind of work involved, even though it sometimes means rather long and stressful hours. Some of the crew he's working with is really pro and gets stuff done, which is great, but the director/writer is a little scattered and, well, not so pro. Which results in delays, rewrites, and underplanned stuff. One of the lead actors started shouting at them the other day when they kept shooting him running down the same flight of stairs from different angles. Plus the other night they were on set until midnight trying to wrap some actors before they break for Christmas/New Year's. And after that my bro had a two hour drive home. Yay for him. But, amusingly, he's taken to talking on his cell in radio-speak: answers it by saying, "Go for AK" and acknowledges stuff with "Roger that" and so on. I guess after a 70-hour week things get like that. Anyways.

Going to Chicago for Christmas in a few days, then on to New York for NYE on Times Square with friends at ABC!! both of which are going to be awesome.


Trying to convert a short story I wrote for 365tomorrows (which I haven't heard back about yet) into a screenplay for my brother and a friend to shoot a short film of in February. The screenplay formatting is kind of a pain to work with if you're not used to it. I can see why there's dedicated programs for it like Final Draft. Being cheap, I'm using a set of macros and templates for Word for it at the moment. But it's kind of fun, so we'll see how it goes in the future. It would be a lot of fun to write and produce a medium-length short film. Maybe I'll see if time, money, ideas, and talent can intersect for that sometime in the future. Just sort of in the back of my mind, you know. I'd have to come up with a business model for it, because that's how my mind is working these days, and that might be the hard part, but we'll see how that goes.


We're signed up to test for our insurance licenses a few days after we get back from NY, I'll do an update about that (including what it's all about) after that happens.

Also: probably going to get a macbook sometime in the future. But not for another several weeks to a month at least. So I'm not sure why I'm even talking about it yet. But that's what I do, I guess.

Ok, back to work on indexing. Later.

No comments: