Tuesday, January 01, 2008

still here, no, really. oh, and happy new year.

Yeah. So. I'm pretty behind on this whole "blog" thing. Been busy, I guess.

At moment, I'm in Plainview, NY, on Long Island, where B grew up. In fact, we're staying with a friend she's known since kindergarten, down the street from where she used to live. And I'm trying to finish up this index that I've been working on for something like two months. Gods... if I can help it, I may never do another names-only thing for a science book again. Even when they pay way more than usual, it's still barely worth it.

I know I promised to blog about the Jingle Cross, but, really, I wasn't feeling that great about it for the first week after the race. I'm slow. I didn't finish last, but they did stop counting by the time I finished, so I don't know what I actually placed. I actually wasn't really sure that I WAS done, because there was hardly anyone even there, except for B. So, yeah.... probably won't do that again until I'm sure that I'm fast enough to keep up with the pack. The thing is, I LOVE the concept and the race season and all, it's just that it feels like a waste of time if you're effectively just going for a ride around the park by yourself. If it was closer to home, say a 15 minute drive or something, then even that wouldn't matter so much, but it's an hour drive to Jingle Cross and at least two hours to all the other races of the season, and beginner's races are early, so there's a hotel involved, etc. So it's hard to just be there for the fun of it, I guess. Or something.


Also, I'm working with the Truelight production guys (Geoff Boothby, Cullen Thomas, and company), doing lights and whatever else for their new production, An Undernight's Dream. It's kind of a Steampunk adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream, but, really, it's more than that. But we still have a month of shooting left, and I want to keep quiet on the details until the release and marketing plans are more final. (I might help them with that, if indexing is slow enough that I have the time.)


anyways.

Happy 2008!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that same index we were helping with? That was brutal man! I can't imagine doing that full time...

Hope you are having some fun in NY!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

trick said...

Yeah, same index. Thanks so much for the help with that!!!

It's not usually like that, name indexes are kind of rare.

NY's good! Happy new year to you, too!